27 November 2008

Thankful Thursdays: This One's Obvious

It's Thanksgiving! How appropriate. I hadn't even thought about the fact that Thanksgiving always falls on a Thursday when I instituted "Thankful Thursdays" this summer. How about that? Today I am most grateful for the Gospel: for the salvation which comes by grace, through faith, by the sacrificial love of Jesus Christ our Lord. No matter what else is going on, that's a constant source of joy!

Right now, I'm at Mary Feeney's house in Indianapolis. This morning we peeled potatoes, made salad, sliced baguettes, swept floors, rolled piecrust, arranged furniture, and other preparatory party sorts of things. I felt right at home. The Feeneys have friends and family coming over this afternoon, and it should be a lovely holiday. I'll try to post pictures later.

No comments:

Post a Comment