05 January 2009

Resolutions


1) Graduate . . . and start paying off my loans.
2) Learn how to drive stick, play a scale on the violin, and make a good g&t.
3) Consume many delicious antioxidants, mostly in the form of dark chocolate, pomegranates, and Merlot.
4) Watch The Prestige without putting a blanket over my head. (This is the resolution most likely to be broken.)
5) Teach twenty kids how to write a decent thesis statement.
6) Throw away more junk than I buy.
7) Read Tristram Shandy, Gilead, A Severe Mercy, and Rabbit, Run.
8) Use British spelling wherever possible. (I've realised that it makes life more colourful.)
9) Talk less.
10) Pray more.

"Resolved, never, henceforward, till I die, to act as if I were any way my own, but entirely and altogether God's."
-Jonathan Edwards 1723

1 comment:

  1. If you want, I'll watch Prestige with you to help you with #4.

    I also suggest you add the new Leif Enger book to your reading list (that is assuming you have read Peace Like a River already)...and Gilead is magnificent.

    ReplyDelete