04 June 2011

Weekend linkage

Ha ha. NPR cartoons on the debt debate in Congress.

A gorgeous home in Portugal, in which my favorite part is probably the blue tiled backsplash behind the stove.

And this is where I would like to go on our next vacation: Cinque Terre, Italy. You may send donations directly to me. Thanks.

If you've ever complained about a lack of time, Wondermark shows you where to get it. You'll need to find the dodos, though.

Food for thought from Geert Wilder's closing remarks at his free speech trial. "I have spoken, I speak, and it is my duty – I cannot do otherwise – to continue to speak."

Well, this is clever! Use old maps to wrap presents (after all, there are a lot of birthdays and weddings during the summer, so I know you'll all have presents to wrap).

Have you heard of the band Pomplamoose? Luke introduced them to our family when he came home from college last week. Anyway, they do a hilarious cover of the Angry Birds theme.

Speaking of covering, I'd like to cover my walls with art from Matte Stevens.

Oh wow. I think I need to see this old movie. The cheetah-print tunics are killing me.

This new one should be fabulous too. Make sure you watch all the way to the end!

No comments:

Post a Comment