09 February 2012

and we rejoice in hope

"No distrust made him waver concerning the promise of God, but he grew strong in his faith as he gave glory to God, fully convinced that God was able to do what he had promised. That is why his faith was counted to him as righteousness.

"But the words 'it was counted to him' were not written for his sake alone, but for ours also. It will be counted to us who believe in him who raised from the dead Jesus our Lord, who was delivered up for our trespasses and raised for our justification.

"Therefore, since we have been justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ. Through him we have also obtained access by faith into this grace in which we stand, and we rejoice in hope of the glory of God."

-Romans 4:20-5:2

---

No distrust! How I long for that to be said of me. That I am fully convinced, and glorify God through faith. To have such unwavering trust requires a relationship of great depth-- so I want to know Him in His sufferings and resurrection. I want to rejoice in His grace day by mundane day. I want to stand on my confidence in Him when the crisis comes. May each day be shaped by "the grace in which I stand . . . [and] hope of the glory of God." Draw me closer to you, O Lord, and plant my feet immovably on your promises.

No comments:

Post a Comment