21 July 2012

listening lately

If you commute to work or school, or if you (like me) tend to clean and cook in giant spurts rather than tiny chunks, that means you've got periods of time during which you can listen.

Cabin Pressure, starring Roger Allam and Benedict Cumberbatch. Thanks to Matthew (who discovered it) and Luke (who loaded twenty episodes onto his mp3 player) we laughed all the way to Maine.

T.H. White's The Once and Future King, narrated by Neville Jason. I had no idea Disney's Sword in the Stone was based on the first book of this series.

Messages from NEXT 2012: I would particularly recommend those given by Kevin DeYoung and Matt Chandler.

And messages from Desiring God 2010: thus far, I've most appreciated Francis Chan's on "The Life of the Mind and the Peril of Pride."

2 comments:

  1. "It is a tragedy, the Aristotelian and comprehensive tragedy, of sin coming home to roost....He did not know he was doing...but it seems, in tragedy, that innocence is not enough."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for introducing me to Cabin Pressure. I am now a fan! :)

    ReplyDelete